As a mother of three children in the school district, I would like to clarify that my sole aim is to improve and enhance quality of education. In reference to the construction of the Rowland High School swimming pool, I would like to first start by saying that I believe that the new pool will be able to benefit all of the students.
Ed Royce, US Representative, Don Knabe, Los Angeles County Supervisor, Leroy David (Lee) Baca, Sheriff of Los Angeles County, Curt Hagman, California Assemblyman, Dr. David Hall, Member, Mt.SAC Board of Trustees, (Above endorsements represent partial list only)
Rowland Unified School District Needs Change
Please Vote #7 Anne Ma for Rowland School Board on 11/5
Per the Rowland Chinese PEA (Parents and Educators Association), a Newsweek survey ranked Rowland Unified School District in the 800 range while Diamond Bar is listed in the top 60 schools in California. And according to local media reports in Los Angeles, fifty to sixty passionate and devoted Rowland Unified School District teachers were forced into “early retirement” under the pretense that the retirement plan can save them a great deal of money. However, a large number of experienced senior teachers will not be easy to replace, and doing so will result in an even greater cost for the district. Rowland Unified School District Needs Change, our children deserve a better education! Rowland Unified School District Board of Education candidate Anne Ma is determined to contribute her time and effort to improving the current system of education in order to foster an ideal learning environment for all of the students and teachers.
Anne has resided in Rowland Heights since 2000, and her three children are currently enrolled in schools in the district. As a mother and parent of three children going through RUSD, she understands the concerns of the parents and has a strong desire to help our children and their teachers.
Having worked with many local organizations, Anne understands the importance of team work and collaboration. She has successfully brought people together by hosting many community events that serve to promote the understanding of various cultures. Through her teaching and charity work, Anne demonstrates her compassion for students as well as her skill in working effectively with people of all ages.
- Education background, majoring in education and teaching career for more than 30 years, including U.C. Irvine. Knowing the needs of Teachers and Students.
- Governing Board Member for YMCA. Finding solutions to overcome difficult situations.
- As a mother and parent of three children going through RUSD, she understands the concerns of the parents and have a strong desire to help our children and their teachers.
- As a community volunteer and supporter for various school events and community functions, including ForUs Foundation, Casino nights, Taste of the Heights, Buckboard Days Parade and so forth, she has the experience and knowledge to work with people to find better solutions.
- As a businesswoman and STC Director, she knows how to work in a team environment, work and lead people and to achieve financial success through sound management.
- Promote equal educational opportunity for all children in RUSD to ensure all children can succeed by having the right curriculum and learning environment.
- Develop a transparent and supporting platform to encourage open communications among educators, parents, students and board members.
- Introduce and develop appropriate educational programs to enhance students’ practical knowledge, moral character development, creativity and artistic talents in order to bring out the best of their potential.
Transparency and Communication in the decision making process at the top level is the top priorities. Anne believes all decision making process by the
Board must be openly discussed and shared with all related members of the community. We need to understand the needs and concerns of our parents and teachers in order to find a better solution for them and to create win-win results for everyone. Please support #7 Anne Ma to make Rowland Unified School District better!